Friday, March 18, 2005

What’s the Plural of Hiatus?

Hiatuses? Hiati? Hyatts?

Whatever.

That’s where I’ve been. On Hiatians. I’ve been doing a lot of soul searching over the last five months, and I’ve come to the conclusion that I don’t have one.

More details will come along later, but for those of you still reading (crickets chirp here…..) I’ll give you the cliff’s notes of the KOTWF’s dealings, in random chronological order:

October: Get married. Spend 7 days cruising through the Caribbean, stopping at such places as Jamaica and Cozymel. Run up a $1,500.00 bar tab on the boat, and sunburn the shit out of myself. Recuperate by spending 3 days and 3 thousand dollars in New Orleans, land of oysters, crawfish, gin-and-tonics, and strip clubs. Ingest far too many of each (except the strip clubs. I didn’t ingest anything in the strip clubs that didn’t come with a lid).

December: Christmas. Spend time with family. Drink lots of champagne. Take Red out for her birthday on New Year’s Eve. Have an all around ducky time.

February: Valentine’s day. Drink several forty dollar bottles of champagne. Get whisky-dick. Ruin marriage. On a lighter note, have former landlord threaten with lawsuit for numerous reasons. My lawyer has asked me to not use the phrase "dickhead" here.

January: Take brief fishing trip with Father and Brother to Ambergris Key in Belize. Actually run entire island out of rum. Also buy a house. I finally have something worth putting a lien on!

November: Thanksgiving. Eat turkey with in-laws. Start strict midwinter weight gain regiment. Celebrate one-month wedding anniversary. Don’t have to remember another anniversary until next year on October, ummmm, shit.

March: Present day. Wonder "where has the time gone." Blow dust off of blog and write this post.

Update: Write this post twice because fucking blogger lost it the first time I tried to publish. Man! I’m jumping back into this blogging thing with both feet, ain’t I?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll get you, and your little dog too...
Err, I mean Cat.
Mr. Warlock
THE LANDLORD

Oarah said...

Glad to see you back.
P.S. Buy me Rum.