Monday, July 28, 2003

I Mourn Your Passing*

Mankind has suffered a great loss. Last night, Bob Hope passed away at the tender young age of 100. I'm sure that we can all remember a "Bob Hope Moment" where he touched our lives in a very real, very permanent way. I'd like to take this opportunity to share a few of my favourites:

The Scene in Some Like it Hot where he says all those funny lines. God I'll miss him.

The way he cracked me up in his role as Ice Cream Vendor in The Muppet Movie.

His role as Buzz Fielding in The Big Broadcast of 1938 which neither I nor anyone I know has ever seen.

Oh God! You Devil! where he played both roles.

His terrific rendition of White Christmas in a movie with a similar title.

Him almost making it over the barbed wire in The Great Escape.

And of course, his famous line "I'll be back!"

You will be sorely missed, Bob. I'll never be able to watch Ghostbusters again without weeping.

*This post is actually really fucking lame. Just warning you.

No comments: